Sri Lanka has much to offer – explore the best of this island nation. See the UNESCO Heritage Sites like the Sigiriya Lion’s Rock Fortress, the ancient capital city of Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura, & Dambulla by spending a few days in Habarana.
Also visit Kandy, the peaceful place in central Sri Lanka and play golf at one of the most picturesque golf courses – the Victoria Golf & Country Club. Then take a lovely train ride through the highlands and spend a few days in Nuwara Eliya and explore the tea estates and also play golf at the Colonial golf club Nuwara Eliya.
And end your trip by lazing by the beach at Bentota. Visit the quaint town of Galle which has a Dutch & Portuguese influence as well and end your trip in Colombo. With a great mix of the different facets of the country – the Golf, Heritage, Hill Country & Beach in Sri Lanka package will have you going back after a very fulfilled holiday.
DAY 1: ARRIVE IN COLOMBO
Arrival at Bandaranayake International Airport. Meet & greet at the Airport. Transfer to Colombo (Approx 1 1/2 hours drive). Overnight in Colombo
DAY 2: GOLF AT ROYAL COLOMBO GOLF COURSE
After breakfast at hotel, Transfer to the “Royal Colombo Golf Club”. Play 1st round of golf. Overnight in Colombo
DAY 3: TRANSFER TO HABARANA VISIT ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE
After breakfast at hotel, Checkout & transfer to the Cultural triangle (Approx 2 1/2 hrs to Pinnawela & 1 1/2 to Habarana). Enroute visit the Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawela. Witness Elephant feeding session @ 1pm & River bathing session at 2pm. Overnight in Habarana
DAY 4: SIGHTSEEING NEAR HABARANA
After breakfast at hotel transfer to visit the Sigiriya Lion’s Rock fortress. (Famous as the 8th wonder of the world – UNESCO world Heritage Site). Thereafter, excursion to the ancient 2nd capital city Polonnaruwa (UNESCO world Heritage Site) and back. Overnight in Habarana
DAY 5: SIGHTSEEING IN ANURADHAPURA
After breakfast transfer to visit the ancient first capital city Anuradhapura (UNESCO world Heritage Site). Visit the Sri Maha Bodhi tree and the Eight Great Places of Veneration in Anuradhapura (Approx 1 1/2 hrs to Anuradhapura) called the “Atamasthana” Evening at 3.00pm optional jeep safari in Minneriya national Park to see wild Elephants. Overnight in Habarana
DAY 6: TRANSFER TO KANDY & SIGHTSEEING OF DAMBULLA
Optional Hot Air Balloon ride at 6 am in Dambulla (USD175/- nett pp). After breakfast at hotel transfer to Kandy approx 2 1/2 hrs. Visit a spice garden and the Dambulla rock cave temple enroute (UNESCO world Heritage Site) In Kandy visit the Gem museum & store and witness a Cultural show. Overnight in Kandy
DAY 7: GOLF AT VICTORIA GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB
After breakfast at hotel, Play 2nd round of Golf at Victoria Golf & Country Club. Overnight in Kandy
DAY 8: SIGHTSEEING IN KANDY
Breakfast at Hotel. Visit the Temple of the Tooth relic, Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, Lankathilaka and Gadaladeniya Temples, Tea Factory at Giragama. Overnight in Kandy./infobox]
DAY 9: TRAIN TO NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast optional scenic train ride to Nuwara Eliya (USD15/- pp approximately) Train Departure : 10.54 / Arrival : 14.36 (Lunch pack on board) Pickup from the railway station in Nuwara Eliya & commence city tour / visit a Tea factory and plantation. Overnight Nuwara Eliya
DAY 10: GOLF AT NUWARA ELIYA GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB
After breakfast at hotel, transfer to the “Nuwaraeliya Golf Club”. Play 3rd round of golf. Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 11: OPTIONAL TREKKING
After breakfast optional trekking tour at Horton Plains. During the trek visit the “Worlds End” and “Bakers” waterfall (Total 8km of trek). Overnight Nuwara Eliya
DAY 12: TRANSFER TO BENTOTA
After breakfast transfer to Bentota Beach Via Kitulgala approx 4 1/2 hrs. Optional white water rafting available in Kitulgala. Overnight in Bentota
DAY 13: DAY AT LEISURE
After breakfast at hotel, Relax on the Beach (Vehicle & driver not provided). Overnight in Bentota.
DAY 14: SIGHTSEEING IN GALLE
After breakfast day trip to Galle heritage city (UNESCO world Heritage Site) Enroute optional river boat safari in Balapitiya, visit the Turtle hatchery. Commence city tour in Galle and return back the hotel. Overnight in Bentota
DAY 15: TRANSFER TO COLOMBO
After breakfast at hotel, transfer to Colombo approx 1 1/2 hrs. Commence city tour and shopping in Colombo. Overnight in Colombo
DAY 16: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast at hotel, transfer to Bandaranayake International Airport, Colombo for departure (Approx 1 1/2 hours drive).
|City||Night (s)||5* Hotels|
|Kandy||03||Victoria Golf Resort|
|Nuwara Eliya||03||The Grand|
– 3 nights accommodation at a hotel in Colombo
– 3 nights accommodation at a hotel in Habarana
– 3 nights accommodation at a hotel in Kandy
– 3 nights accommodation at a hotel in Nuwara Eliya
– 3 nights accommodation at a hotel in Bentota
– Daily breakfast at the hotel/s
– 3 rounds of golf at the following courses:
– Royal Colombo Golf Club
– Victoria Golf & Country Club
– Nuwara Eliya Golf Club
– Green fees & caddie fees included
– Ground transfers in a private a/c vehicle
– Airport transfers
– Return Golf Course transfers
– Inter city transfers as per itinerary
– Sightseeing transfers as per itinerary
– Services of an English speaking driver
– All taxes.
– Air Tickets, Visa charges, Travel Insurance
– Personal/private expenses
– Weekend surcharges for golf if not included in inclusives
– Caddie & Cart fees if not mentioned in inclusives
– Early check-in or late check-out of hotels
– Usage of transport outside of mentioned itinerary
– Meals not specified in the itinerary
– Tips & Gratuities (caddies, guide, drivers etc)
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.